The Center for Lesbian and Gay Studies at the The Graduate Center, CUNY (CLAGS) is always looking for keen interns. We would be happy to work with colleges to create internships for which students receive class credit.
Much of what goes on in the CLAGS office is fairly standard administrative and clerical work. The most basic intern tasks would be:
- help with photocopying
- check voice mail and forward to appropriate mailboxes
- check email and forward
- update outreach venue lists
- create and post flyers on and off campus (primarily CUNY campuses)
- purchase refreshments for events
CLAGS also has an active fellowship program, so an intern might also:
- create organizational system for CLAGS Archive
- scan and digitally store Past Fellowships Recipient applications
- participate in mailings
- provide data entry on filemaker database
We are a membership organization and also raise money from foundations as well as individual donors.
- compiling bodies of information in order to be able to reach our members more effectively, i.e.
- CLAGS LGBT Studies certificate alumni
- Event alumni (presenters)
- Board alumni
- Fellowship/award alumni
- working with our Development Director on creating a narrative of CLAGS’ growth for development purposes
- web searches for grant opportunities
- Social networking: Twitter, Facebook, etc.
An intern would do whichever of these tasks best suited or appealed to him/her. If you are interested, please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Intern” in the subject line.