The Center for Lesbian and Gay Studies at the The Graduate Center, CUNY (CLAGS) is looking for volunteers to help with our events. Volunteers will represent CLAGS while performing various tasks depending on the programming.
Volunteers can participate in ways best suited to them. If you are interested, please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Volunteer” in the subject line.
Volunteers will be called upon as needed and will work with CLAGS staff, board and interns. Events are located primarily at the The Graduate Center, CUNY, 365 Fifth Avenue, New York, NY, but also in other areas around Manhattan.
Volunteers primarily assist various with administrative duties, including:
- Preparation for events, mailing, scanning, invitations and other relevant information.
- Greeting guests at our events in a professional and curteous manner.
- Answer questions about CLAGS or direct individuals to the proper staff person.
- Answer email and/or phone inquiries.
- Help prepare bulk mailings and other correspondence.
- Other duties as assigned.
Reports to: CLAGS Executive Director and Staff
Time Commitment: One day per week or as needed.
Qualifications: Basic knowledge of computer and data entry. Pleasant manner, patience, problem-solving ability, dependability.
Support: Training for any position will be provided. In addition, the CLAGS Executive Director and staff will always be available for questions and assistance.
Age Requirement: None
Dress Code: Business Casual/Casual